15 Oct 13
Nearly one tenth (700,000) of Israel’s Jewish population packed the streets of Jerusalem last week to mourn the passing of Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, Sephardic founder of Israel’s Ultra-Orthodox Shas party. He is considered by many Jews to be the greatest Talmudic authority of our time. The big Jewish media has virtually ignored the ever-widening scandal of Talmudic rabbis and authority figures raping and sexually abusing adolescent Jewish boys and girls. In contrast, they have given lavish attention and praise to Rabbi Yosef. So did Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu: “The Jewish people have lost one of the wisest men of this generation. Rabbi Ovadia was a giant in Torah and Jewish law and a teacher for tens of thousands.”
But what did the rabbi think about us Gentiles and Christians? Here are some quotes from articles I have written that included mention of him.
- For centuries, critics of modern Judaism’s most sacred Scriptures, the Talmud and Zohar (Kabbalah), have charged that Gentiles are viewed by Talmudic Judaism as beasts of burden meant to serve Jews. The world has dismissed these critics as “anti-Semites.” Society and most Christians have unquestioningly accepted the official Jewish claim that the "exalted ethics of Judaism" exclude such bigoted racism.
Yet this week, one of modern Israel’s greatest rabbis confirmed every “anti-Semitic” claim. The Jewish Telegraph Agency says:
Israeli Sephardic leader Rabbi Ovadia Yosef said that non-Jews exist to serve Jews, in his weekly night sermon. “Goyim were born only to serve us. Without that, they have no place in the world; only to serve the People of Israel…Why are gentiles needed? They will work, they will plow, they will reap. We will sit like an effendi [Arabic, meaning lord or master] and eat,” he said to some laughter.
Yosef, the spiritual head of the Shas party and the former chief Sephardic rabbi of Israel also said that non-Jews are protected in order to prevent financial loss to Jews.
“With gentiles, it will be like any person: They need to die, but God will give them longevity. Why? Imagine that one’s donkey would die, they’d lose their money. This is his servant. That’s why he gets a long life, to work well for this Jew." (See Top Rabbi: 'Gentiles Exist to Serve Jews')
- For centuries in polite society, it has been considered anti-Jewish to tell what Judaism’s Talmud and Kabbalah plainly and repeatedly teach—that pious Jews have a duty to kill or assist the deaths of Gentiles, especially those who resist the goals of Judaism.
Increasingly today, dozens of ultra-Orthodox rabbis in Israel, even members of Knesset, boldly assert that killing Palestinian Gentiles, even their babies, must be upheld as divine law. Yet a recent sermon by a powerful Israeli rabbi wanted even more—the deaths of everyone worldwide who opposes Israel. “May our enemies and haters end. Abu Mazen [Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas] and all these evil people should perish from this earth. God should strike them and these Palestinians—evil haters of Israel—with a plague."
Rabbi Ovadia Yosef founded the Shas party which is part of the prime minister’s coalition government. ABC News calls him “the spiritual leader of one of Israel’s leading parties.”
Yosef’s ruthless words didn’t only target Arabs, but anyone around the world who criticizes Zionism. "May all the nasty people who hate Israel vanish from our world,” he said, “May God strike them down with the plague, along with all Palestinians who persecute Israel." (See The Talmud: Scalpel That Bleeds the Mideast)
- Christians, like Palestinians, are considered Amalekites and in the crosshairs of Talmudic/Kabbalistic homicidal anger.
Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, spiritual head of Israel’s Shahs party, argued in a 1989 article that even though Israel is not strong enough yet to expel and destroy “churches [which] are definitely places of idolatry and cult practice…we are commanded by our [religious] law to destroy all idolatry and its servants (emphasis mine) until we uproot it from all parts of our land and any areas that we are able to conquer.”
Did you catch that? Since Talmudic Judaism considers Christians idolaters of the false god Jesus, the rabbi is teaching that if things were as they one day shall be all Christian “idolaters” should be killed worldwide!
Ha’aretz's recent article about the savage beating of two Arab youths by a mob of Israeli teenagers claims that more and more Israelis now view violence as a solution to the Arab problem. Violence in Israel is not just a backlash against Arab rocket attacks and suicide bombings; it is sanctioned by the greatest legal and moral authorities of modern Judaism and Israel : the Talmud and its mystical-revolutionary companion, the Zohar. (See Israelis Attack 'Amalekites' - With Baseball Bats!)
- "No less a figure than Professor Yehoshaphat Harkabi, former head of Israeli military intelligence, has revealed the facts surrounding Israel’s official burning of the gospels so cherished by all Christians...General Harkabi writes: ‘Chief Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, who is considered to be a moderate. . .(in 1979) issued a ruling that copies of the New Testament should be burned. This ruling did not remain a dead letter. An item in the newspaper Ma ‘ariv (14 June 1985) reported the burning of a copy of the New Testament found in the library of the Chief Educational officer of the Israeli army…’” (Encyclopedia of the Palestine Problem, by Issa Nakhleh, p. 395) (See Christians in Israel: An Endangered Species)
Yes, Mr. Peres, Rabbi Yosef does indeed embody the essence of Israel, Zionism and Jewish supremacism. He did so in ruthless determination to believe:
- “Goyim were born only to serve us.”
- “May all the nasty people who hate Israel vanish from the world.”
- “We are commanded by our [religious] law to destroy all idolatry and its servants [Christians] until we uproot it from all parts of our land and any areas we are able to conquer.”
- And that all copies of the New Testament should be burned.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~Rev. Ted Pike is director of the National Prayer Network, a Christian/conservative watchdog organization.To contact Rev. Ted Pike call (503) 631-3808.