Tweet

Welcome

License

Sunday, May 23, 2010

No One Can Know the Truth Except the One Who Obeys the Truth!


     Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, "If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:31-32)
      No one can know truth except the one who obeys truth. You think you know truth. People memorize the Scriptures by the yard, but that is not a guarantee of knowing the truth. Truth is not a text. Truth is in the text, but it takes the text plus the Holy Spirit to bring truth to a human soul....
     Charles G. Finney taught that it was wrong--morally wrong--to teach objective doctrine without a moral application. I have gone to Bible classes and listened to men who were learned in the Word of God. Still I have come away as cold as a pickled fish. There was no help, no lift in my spirit, nothing to warm the inside of my heart. The truth had been given to me just like a proposition in Euclid or a mathematical formula from Pythagoras. And the answer is, "So what? Let's go and have a soda!"
     Are we aware that we can give people objective truth without moral application? If God's moral Word is true, it means us. And if it means us, we ought to obey it. That is life. That is knowing the truth. Faith Beyond Reason, 64-65, by A.W. Tozer.
                                                       ~
     Zionism is not scriptural; it is a political movement. Israel’s national people do not believe Jesus is the messiah. God favors no one who does not believe. If they believe they become children of God. “And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again, (Romans 11:23).
      But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven, (Matthew 10:33).
     For I have chosen Abraham that he may charge his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing righteousness and justice, (Genesis 18:19).
      The Lord says: "These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is made up only of rules taught by men, (Isaiah 29:13).
     Pointing to his disciples, [Jesus] said, "Here are my mother and my brothers! For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother, (Matthew 12:49-50)."
     Happy are those who consider the poor; the Lord delivers them in the day of trouble. The Lord protects them and keeps them alive; they are called happy in the land, (Psalm 41:1-2).

     For more information about this blog and the author of The End Times Passover and Why Christians Will Suffer Great Tribulation (Author House), please click here Joe Ortiz

No comments: